Monday, July 22, 2013

Romans 6


Romans 6

My old sinful self was crucified with Christ so that sin would lose its power in my  life.
                so
I am  no longer a  slave to sin.  
                so
I am to consider myself dead to the power of sin and alive to God through Jesus.
                so
Do not let...sin control the way I  live.
Do not ..give in to its lustful desires (an intense, overwhelming desire.)
Do not let...any part of my body become a tool of wickedness to be used for sinning.  (11-13)

Instead, give yourself completely to God.  (13 NLT) 

If I talk too much, spend too much, drink too much, eat too much and do it all impulsively, without thinking  before I do it...it's not because of my position.  

My position is that sin no longer is my master.

I let....sin control me. I give in to it's lustful desires. I let my body become a tool of wickedness.

So .... the option...is to give yourself completely to God.  Throughout the day.   There is an option.  There is a solution.

I approach  a crowd....continually give myself to God..verbally, give myself to Him.   Alert...aware.
I am in a mall...continually give myself to God..verbally, give myself to Him.
I am in a bar....don't go in a bar!
I am in my kitchen....continually give myself to God...verbally, give myself to Him.

I don't give part of me to the desire consuming me.  Before it begins, as I walk toward the crowd, the mall,  the bar,  that aisle in the grocery, the kitchen, give myself completely to Him and listen to Him talking to me...press in to Him...feel His nearness.

And use your whole body as a tool to do what is right for the glory of God.  (13)

The whole purpose is not so I won't talk as much, spend too much, drink too much, eat too much.....lose friends, fall into debt, become an alcoholic, gain weight, be unhealthy. 

The whole purpose is that whatever I do is truly done for the glory of God....so people and I ......will have an unobstructed view of Him.

I choose to obey You.  (16)

Now we are free from the power of sin and have become slaves of God.  Now we do those things that lead to holiness (a pure heart and life...un-mixed) and eternal life  through....Jesus Christ our Lord.  (22)

Hallelujah!

No comments: